Saturday, July 18, 2009
Hi-ho hi-ho off to work I go
Well nine weeks of maternity flew by quicker, then nine hours of work. Let me tell you that I love sleep. When you are a working mother, you quickly learn how to survive on 5 hours of sleep and never ending stress of work and your daily chores at home. The only way I have survived this is gallons of coffee, chocolate and a husband that allows me to give him ugly looks and a snippy attitude. Now I don't recommend this behavior and I have done my best to 'ignore' his insensitive comments and to give him my one word answers. This seems to help and he realized that I have surrendered to many fights and have 'let things slide' more often this last week. I don't have the energy to fight since it is one more thing on my list of things to do for the day, I just hold up the white flag and I am able to cross that chore off my list before I can finish writing it down. Over all, the attitude at work is the same, so it didn't take long to be reminded that I am a little worker bee and I needed to spend nine hours a day sitting at my desk and getting glares as I walk down the hall to use the bathroom or God forbid when I left for lunch. So within the first 5 minutes I sat down and it felt like I had never left. BOO! Now I need to remind myself, that I am blessed to have a job to help provide for my family. Ahh family at the end of the day I get to come home to my family and then I realize that all that hard work is worth it and that helps me (sorta) get through the day. Lord please bless me with the ability to stay home and take care of my daughter, and bless me to be a great worker bee until then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment