Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fourth of July


So this Independence day we went to Pinecrest to spend some time with the family. Boy was it a time to remember. I always have a story from that place and it is always a memorable one, whether we forget our tent, Jim fall's in to the lake, Elmer and the list goes on. This trip though we had arrived Thursday evening and it was a normal evening hanging with the family, playing games, having a pool tournament and hanging out - which is ideal for a cabin trip. As Friday approached we woke up planning on going to the lake and catching some rays and breathing in some fresh air. It was around 11 a.m. when our trip was put on hold. I won't go into much detail, but the plumbing had decided to give us some trouble. So as we plunged and plunged - we finally surrendered and called Rob the plumber. He was unable to come until 4 p.m. so we sat there, napping and chillin - again ideal for a cabin trip. Once Rob came he began to 'unclog' our pipes, but to our dismay there were tree roots in the line. Uh-oh big problem! So now we were looking at the possibility of not having a working toliet and that would mean we would have to go home. BOO! So we asked him what the next plan of attack was and he shocked us when he said that we had to dig holes to look at the septic tank. Oh joy! So the men began digging holes and as they reached the tanks they realized that the septic tanks were full. Double BOO!! Yep it looked as if we were going home. Since Meagan was planning on driving up that night we had to tell her to stay home, near her indoor plumbing and it looked like we were going to have to find a bush to pee behind. Long story short, we had to have the septic tank pumped, so Matt the poo guy came to pump out the poo and we were back in the pooing business. So our cabin trip was not cut short. YOO-WHO! Break out Sequence! That's right Jim and I vs. Kyle and Elisa. Unfortunately Meagan was calling every half hour asking for directions and was a distraction, so Kyle and Elisa whipped us - TWICE! I demand a rematch - one day. Finally Saturday - the 4th of July came and we were going to the lake. I was so lucky to sleep in until 10:30a.m. (but I still had to get up multiple times to tend to my daughters never ending needs). We headed to the lake - Addie's first time to Pinecrest Lake. We had the infamous hamburgers, from the shack and enjoyed the cool breeze and the worship music from up the hill. Overall we had a great time. We came back to the cabin and once again hung out and played - Spy Trackdown. I loved the game, even though I am sure I would be made fun of outside of the cabin. Sunday morning it was time to go home. We packed up and headed back to reality. The only reason I was excited to come home was because I couldn't wait to sleep in my bed. Next year Addie will be a year old and mobile. Oi - the things to look forward to in the future.

No comments: