Friday, June 26, 2009
I could wish my life away
I have to remind myself on a daily basis and every night before I go to bed that I need to put my trust into the Lord and let myself travel down the path he has laid before me. I have to have faith that he will bless me. It is troublesome that I want 'my cake and eat it too'. It wasn't until Christmas day last year (2008) that I truely felt blessed. I was driving away with my husband and my pregnant belly, from the fourth family we had visited that day. I thought to myself how lucky am I to have these blessings and that we were able to share the birth of Jesus with all these individuals. In that very thought is when it hit me and I realized that is how it felt to be blessed. I actually felt this warm sensation come over me and was comforted knowing that I had a wide range of people who cared and supported me. So now as I continue to wish that I had more money, that I was skinnier, or I could be a fabulous stay at home wife/mother, I had to stop myself and take myself back to that moment of feeling blessed. That is the most important thing in my life. I have a healthy, caring and loving family. I have a husband that continously works hard to provide for his family. I have a healthy daughter who is a perfect angel, I have great freinds who care about me and have been there through think and thin. I have a great job (especially in this economy)that allows me to take maternity leave, insures me with income protection and provides me and my daughter with benefits and so much more. So I guess what I have to realize is at this point in time God has placed me to be where I am and that is where he wants me to be. In the future God may bless me with more money, or a speedier metobolizim and the gift to be a faboulous stay at home wife/mom. It is a struggle to constantly remind myself of this, but I also work hard for the things in my life and I have to proud of that accopmlishment. I could've have done the things I've done, met the people I have met, been to all of the wonderful places I have been with out the blessing of God. So every night I give thanks and acknowlegement to God for giving us everything he has and ask him to continue blessing us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment