Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby Addison


So I am curious, why was I the last one to know about the way my labor and delivery was going to go. Who knew this and forgot to let me in on the plan? It was a very unique experience and for some much needed underage reproductive population control I would have allowed every middle school age adolescence in my room. I know this would have been a traumatic experience, but to be honest my mother and husband, thought it was traumatic and they are both of legal childbirth viewing age and my mother has also experienced childbirth firsthand and walked away completely traumatized. The only thing that can counteract such a traumatic experience is the joy that my daughter brought when she entered the world that morning. What is so ironic to me is that I had posted on my myspace the day before my induction this quote "what doesn't kill me can only make me stronger!" Looking back I don't know if it made me a stronger person, but it did award me a new title - 'mom'. What a roller coaster being a mom can be. One minute you are on top of the world and so in love with your child, you created. The next minute you can have the weight of the world on your shoulders, worry that your child will get sick, or that you have to protect her from all of the evil in the world. And then you have to realize that you have to take the good with the bad and say an extra prayer at night. So let's focus on the happy ending, shall we. She is stubborn like her mother and refused to come out. She wanted to do it all her own terms and she gave the doctors hell. And at 6:08a.m. Addie came into the world weighing 9lbs and reaching 21 inches with a full head of brown hair and blue eyes (which I am assuming will change, since mommy & daddy have hazel eyes). She makes a wide range of faces from sad, to happy and contemplative. I love each and everyone one of them. Well her she is one week and two days old and this is only the beginning. You will have to stay tuned to see where this crazy and exciting ride is going to take us.

No comments: