Sunday, November 29, 2009

As I go about my daily chores and errands I always think of these wonderful and witty things I can post on my blog, but when I come and sit here to type it out I only remember bits and pieces of everything. Well maybe I can share some brief hapenings here in the McDonough household. Addie got another tooth in! This will make 7 teeth, three on top and four on the bottom. She will be 6 months in a day and I can NOT believe that all this time has flown by so quickly. She is sitting up on her own with no support and army crawling like no one's business. I hope Santa is bringing us gates, outlet protectors and cabinet locks this year to keep her out of the kitchen. She LOVES her highchair and LOVES to try out all of the baby food I offer her, so far peas are her least favorite. I can't say I blame her since they are my least favorite also. I put up the Christmas tree and decorated the mantel, but that is really the extend of my decorations. Last year I was unable to decorate since I had the flu and was pregeant so I really want to get into the spirit of Christmas. Addie so far wants to put the Christmas tree in her mouth. You know she is at that age where everything she can grab goes straight into the mouth. Well I am sure she would love to fit all 4 feet of tree in there with a side of plastic Christmas ornaments. The dozen assortment of colorful bulbs and a few I have collected over the years. (to be exact 4 other ornaments - two pigs sitting on a beach with a palm tree from Hawaii, that I bought in a Hawaii airport while I was waiting for a flight 5 years ago, an airplane with Santa and two elves that Jeff's aunt gave him, a homemade angel ornament I made years ago in elementry school and a dried starfish painted like Santa that I bought in San Diego last year) You may think 'how sad' but I think 'Oh the possibilities!' I mean come on I have a four foot tree so it is not like I have room to spare, also think of all the homemade ornaments I will get over the next few years from Addie. I am purposfully leaving vacancy on my tree for my child(ren). So please don't judge my tiny delightful tree and it's future, it is perfect for us and our home. Well now that Thanksgiving is over and I have counted my blessings, I am ready to enjoy those blessings during the Christmas holiday season!

No comments: