Thursday, July 8, 2010

Only a mom could relate

I think Addie is a typical one year old. She wants to try all of the big girl things. She wants to sweep with the broom. She throws trash away (most of the time, sometimes she will shread peices of paper into confetti! ~lightbulb~ We could earn extra income and put Addie to work - screw child labor laws). She loves taking the dry clothes out of the dryer (and throwing them on the floor). She also throws the clothes I have already folded on the floor. She must not approve of the way I folded them and she would like the maid to re-fold and fluff her fits. This list could go on and on, but the one chore I really can't seem to get her to stop 'helping' me do is anything that pertains to the dishwasher. This is where I draw the line! She throws dirty or clean silverware all over the floor. She puts shoes in the dishwasher not to mention the toys and stuffed animals. I think she would sit in there herself if she could, OR maybe she hasn't thought that far yet. But this isn't where this story ends ladies (and Jeff). She will close the door, turn the dial to start and slide the lever over to the right to begin the wash cycle. Ok so some of you might be yelling at your computers and think I am crazy to not want this child to help with the daily task, but here is the thing not only is there not any dish washing detergent in the dishwasher, but half the time the dishes are already clean. I think her and I need to sit down and talk about water and energy conservation. Other then those minor details I would probably LOVE this party trick if she was ten, but I am afraid by the time she rolls around to ten she will loath doing any chores. Either way I find it so funny that at such a young age, my daughter would rather be cleaning the house, then playing with her mountain of toys.

No comments: